Saturday, March 29, 2014

Growing Up and Moving on Up

We've had a pretty busy and big week this past week.

Aidan's Fall/Winter Travel Hockey Team had their End of Season party last Saturday which was a lot of fun.  We found out that night that the coach for the Spring Team and for the 2006 Xtreme team would be someone we had not worked with before--added to the pre-tryout jitters, I tell you!  We were told he was a great coach and that he would do wonderful with our boys.  Okay then.

Tuesday and Wednesday were the tryouts.  Aidan did really really well.  Honestly, he looked really strong and powerful.  I jokingly told Pat that he was channeling Ovie!  And then later heard one of the parents tell someone else that Aidan looked like Ovie. . .LOL!!!

Aidan was selected for the team.  I was not surprised, but it is always really good to get the confirmation.  20 kids were selected: 18 skaters and 2 Goalies.  There will be 2 teams of 9 skaters and 1 Goalie each, A1 and A2.  Pretty sure Aidan will be on the A1 team.  When I emailed the coach to confirm Aidan's acceptance of his spot, the coach responded back within 5 minutes and told me he thought Aidan had done a fantastic job at tryouts and that he was impressed!  Cool!

The first practice will be Tuesday. . .

The other really big news from Tuesday was that Aidan passed his last Math Facts test for Second Grade.  He, along with 5 other kids in Second Grade, have moved on to multiplication tables!  Whoa!

Third Quarter ended on Friday and the kids will be off on Monday. . .so will I!!  They had an 80's dance on Friday.  Aidan insisted on going and we had to go with him.  Pretty funny to see these children dancing to 80's music.  Of course, the ones we were watching were Second Graders so they didn't dance that long. . .they began to chase eachother around the Gym. . .yes, there were five little girls chasing my baby.  Hmmmm. . .I wonder if this is a preview of the future.

And my baby. . .I think my baby isn't a baby anymore!  He told me last week that he hates the cute PJ's I bought him from Gymboree.  : (  They were adorable on him, too!  But, he is outgrowing them, so I took him to get some summery PJ's. . .I did a bad mommy thing and pointed at some with Dinosaurs on them. . .NO!  MAMA!  Ewww!!!!!  sorry. . .he did find some he liked.  He looks like a pre-teen now getting ready for bed.  How did that happen????  And all the cute ones with the cuffs around the wrists and ankles will be set aside for a yardsale.

And finally, although I think he is insane, Pat agreed with a bunch of other hockey dads to sign up for this adult learn to play class.  It begins in a week so last weekend, he went and got all of his gear at Total Hockey.  Whoa!  Well, hopefully no one will get hurt.  Coach Bucky, one of Aidan's first coaches, is heading up the class and he promised me Pat would be okay.  Alright then.

Of course, Aidan had to try on Pat's gear!!!  So funny!!
Boom!  Boom!  Firepower!!!
That's about it.  March is coming to a close (finally!) and it feels a bit like Spring (finally!!).  Although the sky is grey today and it supposed to rain off and on, it is actually in the 50's and it is still early!!  We just might get some porch sitting in. . .

Have a great weekend!

No comments: