Saturday, October 4, 2014

Turning The Page

Do you ever feel like you're trying to turn the page on things and that page just won't turn?

We lost our goalie yesterday.  All because of the strong tempers and people just wanting to assert their own power.  There are rules and there are rules.  Our little boys are members of the USA Hockey League.  Our boys' team is also a part of USAHL.  USAHL has rules that our team has to abide by.  Our team is actually a club that also has club rules.  We broke a rule.  Minor and nothing to really get worked up over--turned out they weren't mad at us and would have approved the Mites on Ice had we asked.  But, one parent decided he didn't like how it all went down and we lost our goalie over it.  I'm tired of this issue now.  It's been a week and every time I thought it was over, it flared even hotter.  And now I have to try and find a way to explain to my son that his team has a different goalie. . .one he has never played with before.

We need to turn the page on this, people!  Come on!!

Okay, but before I make that page turning final, I have to share a couple of pictures from that night. . .
Checking things out. . .see Slapshot??  Some of the boys were so little!!!
Aidan got the puck and took off with it!
But, now this is in the past and we're moving on. . .his team will learn to move forward and they will re-gel.  They are cute. . .
These are the two Aidan's.  There is also a Caden and now our new goalie is Hayden.  Poor Coach!!

With all of this drama, I have found that I miss my mom even more than I ever would have imagined.  I can't just pick up the phone and call her to chat.  My sisters have been awesome and listen attentively--and I know they sigh and say they are glad they don't have to deal with all this team drama anymore. . .but they listen and I appreciate that.

So, in an effort to turn the page, we did some home family things yesterday.  For the first time in forever, too!

It's fair weekend in Waterford.  I didn't walk around as much as I usually do.  It was misty and muddy.  But, I did make it to the Corner Store and bought some goodies to bring home.  I stopped in to see if the local map maker had any new maps. . .not this time.  And then I got my lunch and went back to my desk.  Hopefully the weather will be better next year.  But, this meant I didn't even use my tickets!  I've offered them up to the families on the team if they want them.

I ran into one of Aidan's former coaches on my brief time at the fair.  I guess he and his family live in Waterford.  I didn't know that!

When I got home, we decided to walk into town for dinner.  Even though rain was threatening, we walked down and had Chinese--our local restaurant has a Gluten Free menu and carries the Gluten Free soy sauce.  Yeah!!!!  Then, because it was First Friday in Leesburg, there were musicians and tastings all over town.  So we walked and looked and chatted and had a really nice time.  And the rain held off until we got home!

We were home in time to watch the Season Premier of Last Man Standing, during which I watched the backs of my eyelids more than the show!  And then went to bed at 9:00.

This morning I feel rested and ready for the weekend.  Aidan and I are going to see the Box Trolls today at Cobb and then he has a game in Haymarket tomorrow followed by a practice in Ashburn.

We're turning the page. . .

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Doug and Shelly said...

Stacy! I haven't been on my blog in a very long time, and on a whim, checked it this morning. I am so terribly sorry to hear about your mom. I have no words to say that can comfort you, but please know that I will pray that you have peace and can feel God's arms wrapped around you! And ugh about Aidan's hockey soap opera! I am amazed at how immature adults act, how something petty can take a life of its own, etc, etc, etc. Dealing with some of that right now ourselves... Here's to a great week for you and your family!! :) Shelly

Julie said...

I too have not checked in for too long and I don't know that I've ever commented. I am so sorry you lost your Mom and that your Dad is being the way he is being. The hockey drama in the midst of grieving has to make it that much worse. I detest team politics. I'm praying that you will be able to take comfort from your sisters, Pat, and your Russian American dynamo. :) I know you probably know this, but please make sure you are getting rest and eating well right now; with all of this emotional turmoil, it becomes easier to pick up a bug. (((HUGS)))